Marvelous Pigs in Satin
Today was so magnificent, I really had to boast about it. Actually, the whole week has been pretty good aside from being late to work yesterday from over-sleeping. Bullets!
- Graham and I re-watched Alien and finally watched Aliens together. Since we saw Prometheus we figured we had a storyline to revisit. Good times were had by all.
- I’ve been exercising more than I ever have in my life. As previously mentioned, I had my ass served to me in a kickboxing class. I’ve been going with my friend/co-worker Megan who knows what she’s doing, which is a huge help to me. We keep each other motivated and she shows me different exercises to do. It’s just so nice to go to the gym with a person who can instruct and give feedback, not just flap about on stationary bike for an hour and consider it a workout.
- My everything still hurts, though.
- Now, before said kickboxing class, Megan stressed that I needed a sports bra so that while jumping around, I wouldn’t give myself a black eye. I went over to Livi Rae, the specialty bra shop I frequent where the service is typically shitty, to get one. My mom had some leftover store credit from a couple months ago and told me to use it. I thought the balance was around $13 from the last time I was there but apparently it was $83! So I got a free sports bra in my size that fits wonderfully!
- After kickboxing we went to our store’s flyer tasting where I ate salad and like six different varieties of chicken. It was protein paradise.
- Oh, to those of you with a Trader Joe’s, I urge you to try the frozen Marinated Rosemary Chicken. It’s $2.99 and comes in a bright yellow bag. It’s super tasty and perfect for two people. And the coconut fruit floes. And the new balsamic glaze. My dinner last night was a bag of cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots dipped in the glaze along with a salsa-drenched avocado. JUST BUY EVERYTHING, FOR CHRIST’S SAKE!
- Bought clothes- 2 shirts from H&M for like $11- one was a $5 button up that didn’t burst open at the top (score!). And I found a green dress for the green tea themed tea party this month for under $20!
Sure, I spent a chunk of money to make myself happy today! But I’m feeling really great. Graham and I discussed flying out to San Francisco to do the Bay to Breakers for a graduation vacation around May 2014. I keep thinking about the Belgian internship but there’s so much that I also want to do in the States! I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.
1 year ago